May – Technology in the Classroom with Birds
Bring technology in the classroom while engaging students in outdoor observation with Cornell Lab’s free apps! Plus, discover how you can help kids become citizen scientists. We’ll take you through the process of using the Merlin Bird ID and eBird apps with students to identify birds and contribute to the Lab’s databases. Participation in citizen-science programs like eBird can kick-start a lifelong passion for birds.
In this webinar, you will:
- Explore citizen science and how it can help meet STEM learning objectives.
- Develop basic techniques for teaching bird identification.
- Explore citizen-science data from an educator’s perspective.
- Learn how to participate in the eBird project.
This webinar is free and open to all educators. The content is targeted to K-12 educators. Choose the date that works for you and register for this webinar below.
Join us on one of the following dates:
- Tuesday, May 7, 2019 @ 6:00pm ET
- Thursday, May 9, 2019 @ 8:00pm ET
- You can watch the archived version on our YouTube Channel