Migration Celebration 2019
Saturday, September 14
10:00 am to 3:00 pm
Join us for our annual free interactive family festival to learn about birds, migration, conservation, and what you can do for birds. Talk with scientists, see cutting-edge technology, view stunning videos, and explore hands-on activities. Enjoy special workshops, guided bird walks, live birds of prey with the Cornell Raptor program, and ice cream from Cayuga Creamery.
Here are just a few of the activities we have planned:
- Watch scientists band birds
- Hear about ground-breaking research methods and science
- See live birds from the Cornell Raptor Program
- Enjoy ice cream from Cayuga Creamery and food from the Good Truck
- Take a run through the Migration Obstacle course
- Hike Sapsucker Woods trails with a bird expert.
- Learn about how you can participate in citizen science
- Kids of any age may have their faces painted with nature designs!
Interested in helping out? Join our team of volunteers to help with marketing, event set-up, interactive demonstrations of Lab programs, and much more! Volunteer for the whole day and receive lunch and a free Lab of Ornithology t-shirt.
Contact Chelsea Benson at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in volunteering.