The application for this opportunity is now closed. Join our eNews to be notified of our next scholarship opportunity.
We are excited to share and train you on our latest educational kit–for FREE! Thanks to a generous donor, we are able to offer the kit and virtual workshops on our new eBird Explorers: Biodiversity Detectives kit for 6th-8th grade classrooms. This kit uses birds and citizen science to help bring science to life and build connections to your local environment with a global perspective. This dynamic curriculum provides everything you need to teach confidently with eBird while exploring animal evolution and speciation, diversity, and adaptations. During the webinars, we’ll guide you through the curriculum with a strong focus on implementation. If you want CEUs, those are included too!
This program is open to 6-8th grade teachers in any public or private school within the United States.
- The application is now closed; you’ll be notified of your acceptance on or before 12/17/2021
- Complete the 3-hour, online eBird Essentials course on your own time before 1/16/2022
- Complete course homework (it’s fun, we promise), approximately 2 hours, on your own time before 2/1/2022
- Attend BOTH webinar sessions but chose from the following times:
- Session 1 : 2/1/22 from 7:30-9:00 p.m. ET OR 2/3/22 from 6:00-7:30 p.m. ET
- Session 2 : 2/8/22 from 7:30-9:00 p.m. ET OR 2/10/22 from 6:00-7:30 p.m. ET
- Complete an implementation plan before 2/18/2022
- Implement what you’ve learned in your classroom during spring 2022
What you receive:
- Kit: eBird Explorers: Biodiversity Detectives kit ($89.95 value)
- Training: eBird course plus two webinars
- Ongoing support during implementation
- 1 continuing education unit (CEU) through Cornell University School of Continuing Education