Eat Like a Bird
Bird of the Month: Mourning Dove
Engage: Food Detectives
Below are links to species eating various foods you may provide to your students:
- Sunflower seeds – Northern Cardinal, Black-capped Chickadee
- Nuts – Blue Jay, Acorn Woodpecker
- Nectar – Ruby-throated Hummingbird, Anna’s Hummingbird
- Fruit – Baltimore Oriole,
- Fish – Belted Kingfisher, American Pelican
- Worms – American Robin
Inquire: Feeder Experiment
Don’t have a bird feeder? Order a free window bird feeder for you school, and visit the All About Birds site for feeder tips.
You can also look here for ways you can design an experiment through outdoor observations!
Follow this link for more information on Investigating Evidence.