Cornell Is a Great Place to Be an Ornithology Student
Why Cornell? As the home of the Cornell Lab of Ornithology, no other institution of higher learning supports such a rich community of professional ornithologists, bird-savvy students, and recreational birders. Whether your goal is to build a great local year list, to take part in cutting-edge research, or simply to hang out with birder friends, Cornell is a fantastic place to make your ornithological passion part of your college experience.
Quick Resources for:
- Prospective Undergraduates
- Current Students
- Graduate Students
- Young Birders (Pre-College)
- If you’re a high school birder thinking about making your passion part of your college life, we can help.
- See our Undergraduate FAQ for advice, encouragement, and how to persuade your parents that ornithology is a rewarding career path.
- Take part in the Young Birders Network, hosted by eBird.
- Come visit! Apply for our annual Young Birders Event for accomplished high-school-age birders.