The Chairman’s Council is a generous and dedicated group of Cornell Lab of Ornithology leaders who enable the Lab to pursue excellence and leadership in international scientific discovery, education, citizen science, and conservation.
The true benefits of Chairman’s Council membership come from the broad impact of work at the Cornell Lab, made possible with your help. Membership gifts made by our Chairman’s Council members enable us to direct funds to programs that have the greatest need to make significant strides in understanding and protecting birds and nature.
As a Chairman’s Council member, you will receive a full complement of exclusive benefits and special opportunities such as first-class birding experiences with other Council members, Administrative Board members, and Cornell Lab leaders, including director John Fitzpatrick. Past trips have taken Council members to far-flung places in the Western Hemisphere, from Montana to Panama. Future trips include a cruise on the Amazon.
Other Membership Benefits
- An invitation to a Weekend at Sapsucker Woods, a three-day exclusive getaway filled with workshops, field trips, and special activities with Cornell Lab experts.
- An invitation to an annual birding eco-tour at Little St. Simons Island, Georgia, led by Lab experts.
- Invitations to Lab events in your area.
- Access to Lab speakers for your own events.
- Direct access to Lab faculty, staff, and student scientists and special updates on innovative research findings
- An exclusive monthly Chairman’s Council eNewsletter, including The Clue, the insider newsletter for Lab staff, plus updates about your impact
- Access to the exclusive Chairman’s Council website, including news items from around the Lab, latest bird information and multimedia, Lab leader biographies, and more.
- Access to webinars and Bird Academy courses, Spring Field Ornithology course, and the Birds of North America Online.
- A private behind-the-scenes tour for you and guests at the Lab’s headquarters in beautiful Sapsucker Woods.
To inquire about Chairman’s Council, please contact Melissa Walker at 607-254-2118, firstname.lastname@example.org; or Bramble Klipple at 607-254-1105, email@example.com. We look forward to welcoming you on board.