Guides and Activities for Your Visit
Ask at the front desk for activities you can enjoy while walking the 4 miles of trails in Sapsucker Woods. Photo courtesy of the Cornell Lab.
The following resources are free and will help you get the most out of your visit to the Cornell Lab. Most are in the form of PDF downloads that you can print out and bring with you.
- Illustrated trail guides, one each for spring, summer, autumn, and winter, showing you best bets on where along our trails to find bird species of the season
- Trail map and bird checklist for Sapsucker Woods
- PocketSights app: Use your smartphone to take a guided tour around the Cornell Lab
- Use eBird to check recent bird sightings in Sapsucker Woods
For young visitors and their teachers
- Silhouette scavenger hunt: See how many birds you can find on our Wall of Silhouettes mural.
- Wall of Birds interactive feature: Get a sneak peek at the incredible Wall of Birds mural, with an explorable world map and highly detailed images of the nearly 300 illustrations on the wall.
- Bird coloring pages: These illustrations encourage close observation while you’re coloring.
- Youth guide and activities for the Visitor Center
- Youth guide and activities for the trails