Below are just a selection of amazing stories our educators have shared with us. From citizen science, habitat improvements, bird investigations, and more, discover what incredible educators like you are doing around the world. Want to share your story? Send us an email for a chance to be highlighted on our website.
- Food Sovereignty and Environmental Stewardship in Coffman Cove, Alaska
In an area where 95% of food is imported, the community Coffman Cove, Alaska, got together to use their empty spaces for a greater purpose.
- Engaging with the Natural World to Help Migratory Birds
Charles W. Henry School in Philadelphia has a mission to increase the size of its pollinator-friendly growing space and bird habitat.
- The Start of an Urban Garden and a Lifetime of Citizen Science
Thanks to a grant from Alaska Fertilizer and The Cornell Lab students in Yonkers, NY built a garden to learn about the natural world.
- Citizen Science in a Backyard Wetland Environment
Since 2009, students at Sidwell Friends Middle School have been recording wildlife sightings which have included hawks and owls.
- Detectave in Guadalajara, Mexico
The educational program Detectave teaches the public to analyze social and environmental issues as well as value the importance of conserving biodiversity.
- Bird watching in the species-rich sites of Kenya
Students from Eldoret Polytechnic practiced their skills in birdwatching at biodiversity-rich sites.