Biodiversity Studies and Higher Education
We explore the origins of biodiversity and how organisms function in nature.
With a focus on basic scientific research, this group explores the origins of biodiversity and how birds and other organisms function in nature. We also serve as the organizational home for the Lab’s many efforts in higher education, including our communities of undergraduates, graduate students, and postdoctoral fellows.
- Fuller Evolutionary Biology
Using field studies and the powerful tools of molecular biology, we explore the earth’s biodiversity and the processes that have generated it.
- Cornell University Museum of Vertebrates
Co-located with the Cornell Lab, Cornell’s vertebrate research and teaching collections hold more than 1.5 million specimens.
- Birds of the World
An online encyclopedia of unprecedented scope that brings together four celebrated works of ornithology along with millions of observations and multimedia from eBird and the Macaulay Library.
- Lab-wide Higher Education
Undergraduate and graduate students represent a great variety of backgrounds and engage with the Lab in many ways. Lab faculty teach dozens of Cornell courses each year.
- Rose Postdoctoral Program
A thriving community of postdoctoral scholars that work on a great range of topics, from behavioral ecology to genomics, computer science to conservation biology.
- Bartels Science Illustration
Provides experiential training for early-career science artists and graphic designers, and offers courses for undergraduates that link science and art.
- Field Ornithology Program
The Field Ornithology Program engages in research on the ecology and conservation of forest bird populations and serves as an experiential training ground for student ornithologists.
- Irby LovetteDirector, Fuller Evolutionary Biology Program Fuller Evolutionary Biology Program, Cornell Museum of Vertebrates & Cornell Lab’s Academic Affairs
- Fiona BackhousePostdoctoral Fellow
- Shawn BillermanExtension Associate
- Myrah BridwellManaging Editor
- Bronwyn ButcherLab Manager
- Leonardo CampagnaAssistant Director, Fuller Evolutionary Biology Program
- Glaucia Del-RioPostdoctoral Fellow
- Casey DillmanCurator of Fishes and Herps
- Mary Margaret FerraroBird Collections Manager
- Kathryn GrabensteinPostdoctoral Fellow
- Carl HopkinsProfessor Emeritus of Neurobiology and Behavior
- Sara KaiserResearch Ecologist
- Sarah KhalilPostdoctoral Fellow
- Amy McCuneFaculty Curator of Ichthyology
- María RecuerdaPostdoctoral Fellow
- Vanya RohwerCurator of Birds and Mammals
- Conor TaffResearch Associate
- Maren VitousekAssociate Professor, Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
- Jen WalshResearch Associate
- Jessie WilliamsonPostdoctoral Fellow
Don't miss a thing! Join our email list